Saturday – Sunday, July 30-31, 2022
High Plains Raceway, Deer Trail, CO
Help us make this year’s 12th Annual Race Against Kids Cancer another banner year. We hope to add to our cumulative 11-year total of just over $1,600,000 raised for the Morgan Adams Foundation,.a 501(3) nonprofit organization. We are honored to support their unending and valuable support into research of pediatric cancer. Let’s keep it up.
This year and next, our Race Against Kids’ Cancer will be featuring Formula Vee. Some of you may know, 2023 is the 60th anniversary of Formula Vee racing and there will be several VMC clubs across the country putting on big national events to celebrate. RMVR will be one of them!! The 2022-2023 RAKC Theme is:
Do you remember the fun and quirky ad campaign that Volkswagen used in the early 90’s?? It was a made-up German-sounding word—Fahrvergnügen—which translates to “driving pleasure”. That funny German sounding word was the inspiration for our special RAKC Formula Vee focused event, namely Veevergnügen!
We have something very special in store. Our plan is to host the biggest and best national event with a 2-year points race—with cool prizes across the various Vee classes—starting this year and going thru 2023!!
To attract Formula Vee racers from outside RMVR, we are:
- Inviting past National Formula Vee Champions to come and race with us for free!! If you are one of those SCCA or SVRA national champions, enter and contact us for a race credit. All you FVee drivers, come race at this event and race against a GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) for some cool bragging rights.
- We also incentivize Vee racers from far away to join us. If you will be towing OVER 1,000 miles, check the box for a $75 entry fee credit. Claiming is on the honor system, but, duh, we will double check it.
- All Formula Vees, any year manufacture, are welcome. If you own one, bring it.. Any car with a current logbook and annual tech is welcome.
Help us spread the word to the Vee racers across the country.
Other Features of the weekend include;
- T-shirts will be provided to entrants who raise over $50 (Hint: donate when you register to get your free shirt.)
- Prizes will be given to those raising the most money.
- A Virtual Silent Auction for neat goodies will be held in the days prior to the weekend with an opportunity to continue bidding Saturday at the track.
- Again this year there will be a Fun’d Race featuring the ability to do GRID BIDS FOR KIDS. A donation will let you bump your buddies to the back or to even bump yourself up to the front. All in good FUN.
- We’ll again be offering the opportunity to purchase Lunch-Time-Rides in some very fast cars.
- There will be Saturday night dinners available for purchase when registering as a racer. Or, if spectating, you can purchase tickets on Saturday in the paddock at the MAF desk.
- Again this year, the Friday HPR Test & Tune will be exclusively for RMVR racers, its members and our “guest” racers. No “track day folks” or other interlopers on track. Sign up directly with HPR for the extra day of track time on Friday. HPR’s regular Lapping Day prices apply. But it will just be us RMVR chickens on track. Plus Friday will have some added features like professional drivers on-site to do some coaching
- And “ Biergarten” Friday evening.
Of course, we are once again excited about the prospect of making a significant impact for the Morgan Adams Foundation (MAF), a great organization dedicated to pediatric cancer research. Come join the fun and help RMVR meet our fund-raising goals again this year.
- You can Donate to MAF when entering by adding your donation to your entry.
- Or if you aren’t entering the race, you can donate RIGHT HERE directly to MAF.
Kirk Peterson is the Event Chair. Feel free to contact him with questions: email@example.com
Weekend Run Groups: Entrants will receive an email prior to the event with the detailed Weekend Schedule of grid times and the running order for groups.
Our RMVR Regular Run Groups are: Small Bore Production cars, Formula Vee Cars, Mid-Big Bore Production cars, and Formula Fords / Wings and Things / Sports Racers.
In addition, there is a conditional Special Run Group – Production cars without an RMVR or VMC logbook are welcome to enter and run in an added Special Run Group. (See below for additional details and requirements.). If insufficient number of cars for these run groups are not registered 10 days before the event, those who did sign up will be advised and their entry cancelled.
Entry Fees: Won’t be charged to your credit card until after the race weekend so sign up NOW!
- $385 for Full Two-Day regular competition weekend.
- Registrations 3 weeks before the event get the $25 Early Bird discount.
- Registrations after 9 days before the event will be charged a $75 Late Fee.
- Online Registration closes on Monday before the event at midnight. After this, call 303-319-3062 to arrange entry. Entries phoned in after registration closes or at the track are $535
Tech: Don’t forget to get your Annual Tech done BEFORE you get to the track. Here’s more info on the benefits to you of doing this and how/where to get it done.
Marshal & Volunteers: If you wish to work this event as a marshal or volunteer, please sign up HERE.