Competition License

So You’ve Decided To Go Racing…

Good choice! An RMVR Competition License opens the door to an exhilarating sport, and is accepted by most vintage racing associations across North America.

RMVR conducts an annual Competition Driving School early each racing season. To take advantage of this school, the prospective student must be 18 or older and have access to a road race car with a current logbook issued by RMVR or another racing organization.

Once those boxes are checked, it’s time for some paperwork: A Competition Medical Form must be filled out and signed by a physician, for submission along with an Application for a Competition License to the Chief Driving Instructor (CDI).

For those drivers who have current competition licenses from other recognized organizations, you can submit them directly to the CDI. Credentials from other recognized schools, such as Skip Barber, Bondurant, and organizations such as SCCA and NASA may also be accepted. Again, application should be made to the CDI.

To take the next step, these are the forms needed:

RMVR Competition Medical Form