You are invited to join RMVR and the Thunderous Upper Class for the Big Bore Thunder event at Pueblo’s venerable road course over the weekend of June 4-5. V8 entries have dwindled in recent times, and without the big bore cars we may have to rename this event ‘Small-Bore Buzzers’. Don’t let that happen! We encourage anyone and everyone with a thunderous V8 vintage racer to bring it out, and we’ll even help cover a few laps of gas! [See below for details]
- PMP will host a Friday Test & Tune for cars only. Sign up through PMP or the MSR website. No pesky motorcycles this year!
- RMVR Tech and Registration at PMP will be available from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Friday, and 7:00 am to 8:00 am Saturday.
- Paddock Access. RMVR entrants will have access to the paddock all day Friday. Arrive early for a good spot; only reserved plug-in overnight locations will be blocked off for RVs.
- The Drags. Friday night drag racing, a staple of PMP, will return after the road course goes cold, and is scheduled to end at midnight. Be prepared!
- Saturday Happy Hour. Volunteers, racers, and family members are all invited to a Happy Hour after the track goes cold Saturday afternoon. This is a great chance to meet, greet, and BS over complementary beer & wine, with some light appetizers to fend off starvation. Come to the pavilion to let down a bit before you head to the big city of Pueblo or your RV for dinner.
- Yes, a “Gas Bonus!” We won’t have much Big Bore Thunder without some big bore racers, so if you entering a V8-Powered vintage racer for the weekend, you can request a $30 credit when entering. If you wish to take us up on that offer, simply check that box when entering. (No V8? Don’t check the box. . .people are watching.)
- C’mon Down to Pueblo. RMVR welcomes current racers from CVAR, SWMS, HVR, and other VMC clubs with vintage and historic race cars from your organizaitons.
The Feature Race of the weekend will be the Thunderous Upper Class, consisting of A and B-Production Sports cars and A-Sedans, with a mix of Porsche, BMW, and perhaps an Alfa or two for good measure. Bring on the big-block Corvettes, GT-350s, Tigers, and E-types, and the quick “Saloons” including A-Sedan Camaros, Mustangs, Javelins, Cudas, and Firebirds.
Weekend Run Groups: Entrants will receive an email prior to the event with the detailed Weekend Schedule of grid times and the running order for groups.
Our RMVR Regular Run Groups are: Small Bore Production cars, VW Powered Formula Cars, Mid-Big Bore Production cars, and Formula Fords / Wings and Things / Sports Racers.
In addition, a couple of added Run Groups are conditional upon sufficent sign ups:
- Special Run Group: – Production cars without an RMVR or VMC logbook are welcome to enter and run in an added Special Run Group. (See below for additional details and requirements.)
- HPDE Graduates, Sunday Only. Graduates of RMVR’s Performance/HPDE School can register for four track sessions on Sunday.
- If insufficient number of cars for these run groups are not registered 10 days before the event, those who did sign up will be advised and their entry cancelled.
Entry Fees: Won’t be charged to your credit card until after the race weekend so sign up NOW!
- $385 for Full Two-Day regular competition weekend.
- $140 for a SUNDAY ONLY grid extended to graduates of RMVR’s Performance (HPDE) Drivers’ Schools.
- Registrations 3 weeks before the event get the $25 Early Bird discount.
- Registrations after 9 days before the event will be charged a $75 Late Fee.
- Online Registration closes on Monday before the event at midnight. After this, call 303-319-3062 to arrange entry. Entries phoned in after registration closes or at the track are $535
Tech: Don’t forget to get your Annual Tech done BEFORE you get to the track. Here’s more info on the benefits to you of doing this and how/where to get it done.
Marshal & Volunteers: If you wish to work this event as a marshal or volunteer, please sign up HERE.
Event Chairs: Mark Mauz email@example.com 720-284-2221 Eric Schakel firstname.lastname@example.org 303-319-0788
Video Credit: Jeffrey Sokol