Minutes

RMVR BOARD MEETING

Blue Bonnet Café

August 15, 2018

 

Call To Order Time:   7:00PM

 

Roll Call of Board Members:

Brian Nelson (President) – P

Frank Albert (Past President)– P

Patrick Fay (President Elect) – P

Kyle Popejoy (Treasurer) – A - Excused

Scott Stekr (Secretary)– P

Ken Tisdale (At Large)– P

Christy Hopkins (At Large)– A – Excused

Brant McClung (At Large)– P

Wayne Siebrecht (At Large)– P

Jeff Payne (At Large) – P

Jeff Hall (At Large) –  P

Bob Hancock (At Large) – P

 

Happy Birthday to Robert Armstrong – Thank you for everything you do!

 

Approval of July Minutes

Motion – Wayne Siebrecht

2nd – Ken Tisdale

Approved – All present voting board members.

 

President’s Opening Remarks – Brian Nelson

We had a TERRIFIC Race Against Kids Cancer.  There were 130+ Cars and all of the corners were manned and we did not need to use the lights.  RMVR cleared $21,000 while raising over $220,000 for Morgan Adams.  Overall the club is up $33,000 for the year and this shows that having large signature events seems to be the way to go.  This also allow us to do some great things at the Snowmass race. 

 

Treasurer Report – Presented by Brian

Motion to accept as presented:  Frank Albert

2nd – Ken Tisdale

Approved – All present voting board members.

 

Chief of Specialties Report:

Gary / Chad – Paddock Party Curfew?  The party situation at RAKC got a bit out of hand.  There were repeated reports of heavy drinking through 1:30 in the morning with very loud partying.  The general consensus is that there may need to be regulation or early cutoff of complementary hard alcohol.  Reminder that there is an existing club rule that midnight is the drinking cutoff for driver’s that are participating the following day.  Expectations regarding the parties will be added to the event registration information in the future.     

 

Gary / Chad – Towing Procedures / Expectations – It is important to keep all racing safety gear on with harness fastened until parked at the pit stall.  

 

Bob Darcey – CAMA Report

Revenue is flat between 2017 to 2018, however the buckets of revenue are different.  Weekday revenue due to track rentals and Lapping days continues to climb year over year.  Weekend rentals are down. 

 

Motion to accept the release of first right of refusal of RMVR-allocated weekends that go unused for three consecutive years. - Frank Albert

2nd – Wayne Siebrecht

Approved – All present voting board members.

 

Motion to trade MRA weekend 28 for weekend 35 on the schedule. – Frank Albert

2nd – Wayne Siebrecht

Approved – All present voting board members. 

 

Brian Weaver – Online ads are running for Snowmass workers.  Targeting automotive and racing enthusiasts.  May also target Aspen/Snowmass locals that may be interested in volunteering. 

 

Lisa Williams – We are 8 marshals short and 25 crowd control volunteers short for Snowmass.  The race is 4 weeks away and more are trickling in.

 

Bill Rosenbach – Requests that we implement radio silence for the first lap to reserve the air space for significant incidents only.  Minor infractions or incidents can be called in in subsequent laps. 

 

Special Orders Discussions / Upcoming Events

Snowmass – Wayne Siebrecht

Kyle was able to get the permit finalized.  The permit meeting was today and the single action item relates to the party Sunday night.  The water barriers will be picked up and placed by RMVR. 

 

The pitting and gridding will all be in the parking lots.  There is food setup, a band for the party.  There is security during the nights so the stuff in the tents will be safe.  There are three tier 1 sponsors and three tier 2 sponsors.  We need to get all of the sponsorship information in soon.  With the sponsorship money we are hoping to get a pedestrian bridge over the race track for spectator access. There will be a VIP area and grandstands.  City vans will take corner workers to their corners.  There is also a shuttle that will be running from the paddock to the trailer parking. 

 

The race cars need to be at the car show by 12:30 on Saturday.  The schedule will be put together and information will start to flow. 

 

Unfinished Business

FSV2 Rule Change – 2nd Reading

Motion to adopt the Monoposto rules as written for FSV2 – Frank Albert

2nd – Ken Tisdale

All in Favor – All present voting board members.

 

Ken Tisdale – Replies to email on past members

Thanks to Bob Alder for all of the work he has done on putting out the mail to inactive members.  There were 260 sent out and there were 32 responses.  Of the people that do not drive still would like to receive RMVR correspondence. 

 

Jeff Payne – Expanding Car Eligibility

Has done quite a bit of work with Bob Alder on an eligibility expansion survey for the membership.  The overall goal is to recruit more members. 

 

New Business

Ideas for 2019 Driver’s School – Jeff Hall

Proposing reducing the fee for the precision school.  Also, consider having car dealerships buy coupons to issue driver’s school tickets with new car sales as incentives.  As for the competition school, it would be good to get more publicity for cars that are for sale. 

 

2019 Thunder on the Arkansas – Patrick Fay

Patrick spoke with Keith Davidson and Keith is willing to chair the event if there would be some interest in co-chairing.

 

Open Discussion-

Jeff Payne – put a call for nominations for board members in the Messenger. 

 

President’s Closing Remarks – N/A

 

Motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:57 – Wayne Siebrecht

2nd – Brant McClung

All in Favor – All present voting board members.

 

Next meeting will be Wednesday September 19, 2018 at the Blue Bonnet Café. 

 

*************************************************************************************


 

RMVR BOARD MEETING

Blue Bonnet Café

September 26, 2018

 

Call To Order Time:   7:00PM

 

Roll Call of Board Members:

Brian Nelson (President) – P

Frank Albert (Past President)– P

Patrick Fay (President Elect) – P

Kyle Popejoy (Treasurer) – P

Scott Stekr (Secretary)– P

Ken Tisdale (At Large)– P

Christy Hopkins (At Large)– P

Brant McClung (At Large)– P

Wayne Siebrecht (At Large)– P

Jeff Payne (At Large) – P

Jeff Hall (At Large) –  P

Bob Hancock (At Large) – P

 

Approval of August Minutes

Motion – Ken Tisdale

2nd – Jeff Payne

Approved – All present voting board members.


 

President’s Opening Remarks – Brian Nelson

There will be a second meeting regarding Snowmass, there will be a separate meeting about Snowmass about positives and negatives and feedback regarding Snowmass.  Date will be set soon.  Snowmass was a lot of fun and in the future it will only enhance our club.  As a marketing and membership tool it is the best thing that has happened to RMVR in a long time. 

                               

Treasurer Report – Presented by Kyle Popejoy 

Motion to accept as presented:  Frank Albert

2nd –  Ken Tisdale

Approved – All present voting board members.


 

Chief of Specialties Report:

Marketing Update – Brian Weaver

Brian presented some brochures that can be handed out for future events.  Pushing to have more of an online presence with social media outlets. 

 

Maintaining an RMVR license – Lynn Fangue

Two more drivers have been licensed!

 

SCCA has renewed conversations with a joint School with RMVR for the 2019 season.  SCCA however has decided to pursue their own school. 

 

Lynn presented some proposed modifications to the RMVR Licensing Requirements bringing back the requirement to race once per year. 

 

Motion to accept the first reading of revised License Requirements as presented.  – Wayne Siebrecht

2nd – Brant McClung

Approved – All present voting board members with the exception of:

Opposed – Kyle Popejoy, Scott Stekr, Ken Tisdale – Proposal needs additional work prior to implementing.

Motion Carries. 

 

Pit & Grid - John Victoria – Thank you everyone for how grid worked during Snowmass.  Thank you for your cooperation.

 

Tech - Gary Gray – Great job with Tech @ Snowmass, cars were well prepared.  Thank you to Lisa – The volunteers SHOWED UP for Snowmass and thank everyone.  Special thanks to Gary for towing up an extra car to Snowmass. 

 

Workers – Lisa Williams – We were upwards of 150 volunteers at Snowmass which is amazing.  Thank you!  Please sign up for the Enduro!

 

Special Orders Discussions / Upcoming Events

Pueblo Enduro – Judd Evans

 

We are arranging some special things for the Enduro.  There has been a request that only Driver’s signing up for both days will receive an included meal ticket.  All of the crew members, family, etc will be purchasing tickets to attend the party.  Tickets will be $20.  The food will be Ribs, Pork and Sausage.  There will be homemade mac and cheese and desserts. 

 

Next Year’s Race Schedule – Patrick Fay

Looking at putting together a spouse and kid’s program to have fun things to do. 

 

All Dates are Preliminary / Tentative

 

Crash and Burn School:  April 7

Driver’s School PPIR - April 26-28

Spring Race HPR - May 18-19

Thunder on Arkansas Pueblo – TBD

RAKC HPR – August 3-4

Snowmass – September 14-15

Enduro Pueblo – October 12-13

 

Possibly looking into a new and updated website format for the 2019 season. 

 

Unfinished Business

Eligibility Survey – Jeff Payne

 

Results from the survey are in, recommend taking time to digest prior to next board meeting.

 

New Business

Election and Chair Nominations – Jeff Payne

An email will be sent out seeking general interest for board positions.

 

Brandon Sumner – Exhibition Request for the Enduro

Requesting to allow exhibition race of a NASTRUCK.  This would be exhibition only and just for fun.  Brandon only wants to run this vehicle in his home club – RMVR.

 

Look for RMVR to be featured in a future publication by www.Motorsportsnewspublications.com

 

Motion to allow this vehicle as an exhibition entry:  Kyle Popejoy

2nd – Wayne Siebrecht

Approved – All present voting board members. 

 

Jim Cambon – Small Bore request for the Enduro

Motion – Wayne Siebrecht

2nd – Kyle Popejoy

Approved – All present voting board members.

 

Adam Ackley – Request to race Alfa Romeo in Small Bore

Motion – Wayne Siebrecht

2nd Ken Tisdale

Approved – All present voting board members. 

 

President’s Closing Remarks

Thank you to Brandon Sumner for covering Dinner for all in attendance of this month’s board meeting!

 

Motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:35 – Wayne Siebrecht

2nd – Kyle Popejoy

All in Favor – All present voting board members.

 

Next meeting will be Wednesday October 17, 2018 at the Blue Bonnet Café. 


 

*************************************************************************************


 

 

 

License Requirements

9/25/18

Background:

Around 2005, the club eliminated the requirement to run one race per year to maintain a driver’s competition license. The rationale was that each group was self-policing enough to not have to maintain a data base of which drivers had run events.

 

The negative effect is lower participation and no requirement to maintain skills. In 2017, there were 27 drivers that did not run one race with RMVR. That is 8% of the drivers with competition licenses. In addition, RMVR is well outside the industry standard for license renewal.

 

Of the eight clubs that were contacted, six responded. All six of those clubs have a requirement for drivers to participate to renew his or her license. Those requirements ranged from one race ever three years to two races in one year. 

 

Based on the above, it is proposed that we replace the current Section B.2.b.1-2 of RMVR Rules below with the with the revised section:

       

Revised Per Board Meeting Edits 9/26/2018:

b. Renewal of Competition License:

1. Drivers must renew their RMVR membership and have a current competition medical on

    file.

       2. Drivers must have raced in one RMVR race event in the previous race season.  A driver may volunteer as a RMVR safety marshal for two full days in lieu of a entering a race as a driver.  Proof of volunteering must be presented to the Chief Driving Instructor.         

       3. Those drivers previously licensed who do not meet the renewal criteria in B.2.b.1-2 must apply to

            the Chief Driving Instructor and, at the discretion of the Chief Driving Instructor, the driver’s

             Competition License may be renewed. Any driver that has not raced in over five years will be

             required to attend drivers’ school.

          

 

This rule would go into effect January 1, 2019. Drivers that did not race in 2018 would have all of 2019 to meet the requirements in B.2.b.2.