Here is the announcement we have been waiting 19 years for:
Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing is extremely excited about our new opportunity for a street race in Snowmass Village starting in 2017. The town of Snowmass Village is including this event as part of their automobile week and car show. The street race will be on public roads at the base of the ski area and will be a 1. 3 mile loop using Carriage Way, Brush Creek Road. and Wood Road. This will be a challenging 14 turn road course and the location is fantastic.
We hope this street race becomes a big weekend event in the years to come. This first year we need to put on an excellent, safe race and show the town of Snowmass Village that a street race will be good for their town. RMVR will need your help as a participant, marshal, volunteer and/or spectator to make this event a success.
- 60 to 70 drivers to compete in the one day street race on Thursday, September 14th.
- Participants should have four sessions ~ 20 minutes each on the road race circuit which equals more track time in one day than most other premier events have for the whole weekend.
- In addition to the road race, Friday, September 15th will be a track day at Aspen Motorsports Park at Woody Creek.
- We want to open this lapping day to anyone who volunteers to help us with the Aspen/Snowmass weekend. So bring your track cars/street cars up for the lapping day.
- Saturday September 16th will be a car show that the participants of the street race will be required to attend.
- RMVR was able to get a block of rooms at the Westin Snowmass Resort at a great rate for Wednesday-Sunday, 4 nights, ~$135 per night. Filling these rooms gave RMVR the discount on the worker rooms we need for race support. All drivers will be required to purchase a room for 4 nights.
- Motorhomes are not allowed in the paddock or overnight in Snowmass Village, please leave them at home.
- We will need our usual complement of corner workers and will supply rooms for workers on Wednesday and Thursday nights. We will offer discounted rooms rates to the workers for Friday and Saturday at about $90 per night.
- Workers are welcome to attend all of the events during the week including the welcome cocktail party, Thursday night dinner and party, lapping at Woody Creek and the car show.
- For the Thursday street race in addition to the race workers, we will need a additional volunteers for crowd control points and vehicle control points among other things. We will offer discounted room rates for these folks if you are not already staying with someone. Sign up to volunteer for crowd control—limited to 50 volunteers.
All drivers will be required to pay for the race and included hotel rooms. This includes the race entry fee, welcome cocktail party put on by Snowmass Village Wednesday evening, rooms Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night for two, tickets for two to the RMVR dinner and party Thursday night and a lapping day at Woody Creek Friday. The car show is all day Saturday. The wine tasting is not included, but tickets are available.
Please download the Motoring Classic Car Club Week flyer, which includes information about discounted lodging options.