Our 9th annual Race Against Kids’ Cancer was another fantastic event. To all of you that participated–whether through driving, volunteering to work at the event, purchasing a Ticket-to-Ride, fundraising and/or personal donations–THANK YOU!!
- Together we raised $208,000 at this year’s event!
- Cumulatively, RMVR has raised $1.3 Million to help fund life-saving research and treatments for kids battling cancer!
A very special “Thank You” to our top overall RMVR fundraisers who were rewarded with their choice of a VIP experience with Andretti or CORE Autosports or a day of coaching with Raptor or Sarian Motorsports. Top overall fundraisers were:
Also, a huge “shout-out” to Race Chairman Kirk Peterson and Committee Chairman Jamie Stiehr, both of whom were top fundraisers but disqualified themselves for fundraising incentives.
On behalf of our charity partner, The Morgan Adams Foundation and the doctors and researchers at Children’s Hospital Colorado–all of whom have dedicated their lives to finding a cure for pediatric cancer, as well as all the kiddos that benefit from this ground-breaking research–a heart-felt “Thank You” for your continued support and amazing generosity.
2019 Event Highlights
- One of our largest field of cars with 136 cars registered, including 30 Formula Fords to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Formula Ford racing and a large field of Formula Vee’s participating.
- The ever-popular “Ticket-to-Ride” lunch rides and new this year “Track Touring”, which together raised almost $8,000!
- A Saturday “Fun’d Race” that included a last-minute twist—a spirited “Bump ‘em Back” game allowing drivers to pay (donate) to have their biggest rival (or best friend) bumped to the back of the field. All in good fun, this feature raised an incremental $2,500!!!
- Even though we didn’t have a ProAm this year, Randy Pobst and Robb Holland came out anyway!! That’s how much they LOVE this charity event!! Randy gave lunch rides and borrowed a variety of race cars to have some fun. He was a great sport when RMVR folks paid to “Bump ‘em Back”, making him start the race in last place. (That didn’t last long, however!)
- We were fortunate to have several of the RAKC Ambassadors and their families with us at the track, having a great time watching racing and getting some fun rides around the track in super-fast cars.
And of course, a fabulous after-race party on Saturday night, with great food, live music & dancing, and Stranahan’s!!
Next year will be our 10th annual RAKC and we are looking for ways to make this one a very special celebration. Until then…..stay safe and have fun!